Tuesday, March 6, 2012

1000 Songs: Matt Cully

1000 Songs: Matt Cully

I have now posted one thousand songs from my live recordings to this blog. My introductory thoughts on that landmark can be found here, but long story short: I asked some folks to pick some of their favourites to help me celebrate.

Today's list courtesy of Matt Cully (Bruce Peninsula / EONS)


Going over your catalogue is daunting. Here are my picks (some selfish, some not). All my picks are selected based on people, events and music that have shaped my life over the last few years. Congrats to Joe on his 1000th rescue mission (saving songs from oblivion from his tapes to your ears.) Support local music! (a possible tattoo? Hm.)

Not the Wind, Not The Flag - Centre Island Pier Improvisation [excerpt]

I'm happy to announce that there will be another Poor Pilgrim Island Show July 2012

Muskox - Humphries' Tide

Jennifer Castle - Poor as Him

Deep Dark United - Sex and Death

Snowblink and Friends - Crabapples/Satisfied


You can always click on the tags below to read more about the shows these songs came from. Have there been four or five songs posted here that made an impact on you? If you'd like to get in on the action and make a list, feel free to send me an email (it's up in the top right corner of this page).

1 comment:

  1. The Poor Pilgrim show from a couple summers ago was one of my favourite days of the year, so it makes me enormously happy to anticipate its return.

    Thanks Matt!

    ReplyDelete