Thursday, March 8, 2012

1000 Songs: catl

1000 Songs: catl

I have now posted one thousand songs from my live recordings to this blog. My introductory thoughts on that landmark can be found here, but long story short: I asked some folks to pick some of their favourites to help me celebrate.

Today's list is from Jamie of local scuzz-blues revelators catl. (Twitter: @c_a_t_l)


Anagram - Fish [Cleavers cover]

"I love both these Oshawa area bands, and one covering the other is just about as good as it gets."

Andre Williams and The Sadies - Car With the Star

"Again, two artists I love together. Dirty R&B. Yeah!"

No No Zero - Colossal Penetrations + Eurosleaze

"Simon is a great, natural punk rock songwriter, and I had the privilege of playing guitar with them for 2 years."


catl's third full-length Soon This Will All be Gone is coming out on April 13, 2012. To celebrate, the band will be holding a series of sweat-inducing dance parties that weekend, including April 13 at Parts & Labour and April 14 at The Dakota Tavern. There's also an in-store set earlier on the 14th at Sonic Boom Records.

You can always click on the tags below to read more about the shows these songs came from. Have there been four or five songs posted here that made an impact on you? If you'd like to get in on the action and make a list, feel free to send me an email: mechanicalforestsound@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment