Friday, January 20, 2012

Recording: Herman Dune

Artist: Herman Dune (feat. Julie Doiron)

Song: Walk Don't Run

Recorded at The Horseshoe Tavern, January 19, 2012.

Herman Dune - Walk Don't Run

Full review to follow. When Julie Doiron announced that she was bumping one of the nights of her own residency at Saving Gigi to catch former collaborators/tourmates Herman Dune, it didn't take a massive leap of faith to think she'd show up on stage. Less expected for me was the amount of full-bore rockin' from the trio, with extended codas aplenty. Good stuff!

4 comments:

  1. Crap, I knew this was going to happen, and yet, I still didn't go... always wanted to see Julie + Herman Dune together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie did three songs, two before this with just David, including a cover of "I Threw It All Away". It woulda been a worthy concert otherwise, but this was a pretty sweet bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the residency is at Saving Gigi.

    I wasn't expecting all that rockin' either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're entirely right, anon! Corrected. My 2 a.m. factuality was less than perfect when I wrote that.

      Delete