Monday, February 8, 2021

Monday Roundup #4

In the absence of concert listings, my regular Monday dispatches have fallen off. After bringing some life to the blog with the "bumping into" series, I figure I should get back in the groove. I'm guessing that this will be a bit like what used to get shoved into the end of the post when I was doing listings — some bandcamp suggestions, nods to a few livestreams, and sundry community notes (email me if you have anything that needs broadcast in the latter category!). Plus maybe a look back through the MFS archives.

A quieter week this time 'round. I grabbed plenty stuff from Bandcamp on Friday, but I'm just starting to absorb it now, so expect some recommendations next next week!


It happened this week...

  • ... on February 13, 2018 at The Tranzac's Southern Cross Lounge (for Ornate Ornette).

Andrew Furlong/Alexei Orechin/Germaine Liu/Nelson Moneo - Latin Genetics

  • ... on February 9, 2019 at Workman Arts' Main Hall (for Long Winter 7.4).

Donna Linklater - I Hear Voices

  • ... on February 14, 2019 at The Tranzac's Main Hall (for Sound For Silence II). [P.S.: kind of an inside-out cover-band version of The Weather Station here, with Tamara Lindeman joined by Ben Whiteley, Sam Gleason, Geordie Gordon and Evan Cartwright.]

Unclassic Classics - In the Shape of a Heart

[Do remember that you can click on the tags below to go back and find the original posts (and often, more stuff) from these artists.]

No comments:

Post a Comment