Sunday, December 27, 2020

Bumping into... Leslie Predy

Bumping Into... is a series of mini-chats with a variety of peeps that you might run into in some of our local music communities. (There's a bit of an intro and my thoughts behind the series here.)


How are you? Where are you?

I'm doing ok, I'm in Toronto (east end)

What have you been up to since March or so?

I have to think...it feels like March was years ago, but also yesterday. I haven't done much creatively, I haven't had the motivation. My job got really busy with the pandemic, and I've been trying to spend more time actively outdoors (walking, biking, etc.). I have also been eating a lot of cheese

Have you found any new ways to do old things? How are you feeling about the shifts in how music is being made/shared/listened to?

I have't been able to get into the experience of watching a musical performance online--it doesn't feel the same. Personally, I've also always made music that was meant to be performed live so I haven't been making new music. I have found myself buying and listening to more digital records/albums this year (I loved New Fries' Is The Idea Of Us and the Brigitte Bardon't album made on a Barbie keyboard). Bandcamp Fridays are great! I hope we'll see more equitable platforms for musicians to share music.

Any works of art that have been a light for you in these times? Anything that's just been a good diversion?

I've been watching more films, both old classics and new. Sound of Metal is one of my favourites from this year, and I love weird horror movies (like Death Spa).

How are you feeling about 2021?

I'm trying to keep my expectations low, but I'm optimistic.

Anything else we'd chat about if we bumped into each other?

I'd probably ask you what you've been listening to and how you've been dealing with the crazy times. You've been a huge supporter of live music so I'd probably ask you what you thought of the current situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment