Thursday, December 24, 2020

Bumping into... Gart!

Bumping Into... is a series of mini-chats with a variety of peeps that you might run into in some of our local music communities. (There's a bit of an intro and my thoughts behind the series here.)


How are you? Where are you?

I am doing OK! In Toronto :-)

What have you been up to since March or so?

Workin' n chillin' ! Dupe Shop closed it's doors :-( but I am working from home now, slinging tape duplication orders on the web. Otherwise just drawing n reading lots :-)

Have you found any new ways to do old things? How are you feeling about the shifts in how music is being made/shared/listened to?

Hmmm. Not really, I haven't been very on top of the new shift in virtual concerts and what not - I find it hard to really get into/watch, too distracted! Just listening to tapes n tunes online.

Any works of art that have been a light for you in these times? Anything that's just been a good diversion?

Hmmm I watched Herzog's "Encounters at the End of the World" and it blew me away - been watching anything to do with Antarctica now! Musically, I fell into a Grateful Dead hole at the beginning of the panny and can't get out!

How are you feeling about 2021?

Cautiously optimistic? Excited at the idea of this all ending but realize it still might be a while still. Would be nice to go to a ball game in 2021 - we'll see!

Anything else we'd chat about if we bumped into each other?

If I saw you today I would tell you about the MRI I had this morning - lots of wild, loud sounds come from those machines that you would appreciate. Maybe the closest thing to an experimental show I've been to all year :-p (PS I'm OK!) - I hope you are keeping well Joe :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment