Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Bumping into... Jakob Rehlinger

Bumping Into... is a series of mini-chats with a variety of peeps that you might run into in some of our local music communities. (There's a bit of an intro and my thoughts behind the series here.)


How are you? Where are you?

How am I? Ha! I feel like I’m emerging from one of those machines at like Home Depot that mixes the paint by vigorously shaking it. Anyhow, I’m at home, of course, on my couch watching YouTube videos with the kid. Weird to run into you here. Why are you in my house? WE’RE IN THE RED ZONE DON’T YOU KNOW?

What have you been up to since March or so?

Just being a homemaker. I’ve done some freelance graphic design work. I’ve recorded and released a few Heavy Moon albums, I guess. I always forget I did that.

Have you found any new ways to do old things? How are you feeling about the shifts in how music is being made/shared/listened to?

I’m still enjoying not feeling guilty about missing shows. There’s been no change in the way I make or consume music.

Any works of art that have been a light for you in these times? Anything that's just been a good diversion?

Ezra Furman’s song “Every Feeling” reduced me to a blubbering mess the other day. So there’s that.

How are you feeling about 2021?

It’s promising to be a very significant year in my life. So I’m pretty optimistically apprehensive about that.

Anything else we'd chat about if we bumped into each other?

I imagine Stargoon would come up. I’d make my rote joke about my lifestyle only changing about 10% during the pandemic and I’d suspiciously oversell how well I’m coping.

No comments:

Post a Comment