Thursday, May 8, 2014

Recording: Sacred Lamp

Artist: Sacred Lamp

Song: [second piece]*

Recorded at The Tranzac – Southern Cross Lounge ("Joe's Birthday Party"), April 24, 2014.

Sacred Lamp - [second piece]

When your birthday comes around, you can curl up in a ball and cry over spilled entropy — I mean, that's a good option, done it plenty o' times myself. But every once in a while, it does the spirit well to gather some folks together instead. I can't calculate how fortunate I am that some folks whose music I dig came out to help me celebrate.

This set from Ayal Senior and Matt "Doc" Dunn started off hewing closer to the space raga they were channelling when I saw them performing as Glass Tomb, but as Not The Wind, Not The Flag's Colin Fisher and Brandon Valdivia picked up some shakers, it became a good ol' fashioned cosmic back porch jam. Senior is on acoustic, panned left here, Dunn on electric to the right.

* Does anyone know the title to this one? Please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment