Monday, July 19, 2021

Monday Roundup #27

In the absence of concert listings, my regular Monday dispatches have fallen off. After bringing some life to the blog with the "bumping into" series, I figure I should get back in the groove. I'm guessing that this will be a bit like what used to get shoved into the end of the post when I was doing listings — some bandcamp suggestions, nods to a few livestreams, and sundry community notes (email me if you have anything that needs broadcast in the latter category!). Plus maybe a look back through the MFS archives.


Community notes:

  • Meanwhile, here's a chance to catch up with Matt Smith (a.k.a. Prince Nifty) and Victoria Cheong (a.k.a. New Chance) as they interview each other and chat about artistic explorations. (And a reminder that New Chance's Real Time is now out in the world!)

Video hits:

  • A new video from Brandon Valdivia's Mas Aya project gives a sneak peak into the forthcoming Máscaras album, coming out this fall on Telephone Explosion.

It happened this week...

  • ...on July 25, 2014 at Ratio.

I Have Eaten the City - [second part]

  • ...on July 19, 2015 at The Tranzac's Southern Cross Lounge

Alaniaris - Cantabella

[Do remember that you can click on the tags below to go back and find the original posts (and often, more stuff) from these artists.]

No comments:

Post a Comment