Monday, June 8, 2020

Concert Listings Roundup #357

You can read more about why I'm doing listings here. Long story short: This curated and decidedly non-comprehensive list contains nothin' but shows that I am going to/would go to if I had more time.


Special note:

For the past six-and-a-half years, I've faithfully been cranking out these listings every Monday. Because of the unprecedented situation we now find ourselves in, this week's listings remain blank. Stay safe and sheltered.


Bandcamp corner:

  • I'm always happy when my recordings are of use to the artists. For this album, Sarah Peebles has used my recording of her album release concert for Delicate Paths (playing alongside Kyle Brenders and Nilan Perera) as well as some other electroacoustic works. It's a name-your-price download, but funds raised by this go to support Second Harvest.
  • I also had a behind-the-scenes role in the preparation of this latest entry in the Music Gallery's bandcamp release series, but this 2018 recording of The Tatsuya Nakatani Gong Orchestra was captured by the skilled hands of MG sound tech Paul Hodge, and is, as such, far superior sounding to anything i could grab with my gear. Featuring an all-star lineup of local notables, who had spent the day exploring the gongs and shape of the piece under Nakatani's guidance.
  • Meanwhile, Mystery & Wonder, the boutique label founded by Sound of the Mountain's Elizabeth Millar and Craig Pedersen, has landed on bandcamp, so some exploration through their releases is most definitely recommended. (And nope, the pair of titles in this album are not entirely coincidental!)

No comments:

Post a Comment