Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Recording: The Big Sound

Artist: The Big Sound

Songs: Everyday I'll Love You More Than Yesterday [Gladys Knight & The Pips cover] + Too Many Fish in the Sea [The Marvelettes cover]

Recorded at Harbourfront Centre, July 1, 2013.

The Big Sound (feat. Tanika Charles) - Everyday I'll Love You More Than Yesterday

The Big Sound (feat. Aria Zenua) - Too Many Fish in the Sea

Full review to follow. Perhaps not the most obvious choice to celebrate Canada Day, these locals still managed to convey a sense of celebration to the Harbourfront crowd. The sound is getting bigger every time I see them, and they're branching out a bit from their all-Motown-all-the-time mandate. And, best of all, although I'm familiar with a lot of the musicians on stage, it remains an excellent introduction to a group of talented singers who I hadn't otherwise crossed paths with.

2 comments:

  1. hey joe. Aria Zenua is the singer of too many fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drat — my notepad let me down. Thanks for the fact-check!

      Delete